WOCA Driftwood Lye Tester is an affordable way to test the weather-beaten patina that WOCA Driftwood Lye creates on your oak wood surface. Results vary.
- For use on Oak wood only.
- Creates a weather-beaten patina
- Requires subsequent treatment with oil
- Certified by IBR
- Water based
IMPORTANT: Due to settings and color adjustments within individual computer monitors and hand-held devices, the color on your wood may or may not be achieved as shown in the color swatches
We encourage you to order a tester and apply it to a piece of your wood for verification.
* PLEASE NOTE * Due to the Sodium Hydroxide found in Driftwood Lye the product has been deemed hazardous by the Department of Transportation and requires special documentation and transportation. A $75.00 Hazmat Fee is mandated by the Department of Transportation and is required for ground shipping.
WOCA Driftwood Lye DetailsWOCA Driftwood Lye is a unique product, which gives the wood a weather-beaten patina. The product is for use on oak wood. Driftwood Lye creates a very nice 2-dimensional design. Finally, the surface must be treated with one of the WOCA oils. The product is water-based.
- Wear suitable safety gloves and glasses during application.
- The surface needs light sanding and must be clean and dry. We recommend a full sanding with 100-120 grit sandpaper. Please note that the sanding should take place immediately before the application of the lye.
- Shake container well. Pour the lye in a plastic paint tray. Make sure there are no pigments left in the container. During application, the lye must be stirred.
- Apply the lye in an even coat and undiluted with a lye-resistant brush or paint roller along the grain of the wood, at least 1 liter for 107 square foot. For vertical surfaces, apply from top to bottom.
- As a rule, the wood is dry after 24 hours at 68°F. After complete drying, use a polishing machine with either a beige/8 mm green or red pad for de-nibbing. Subsequently, remove the sanding dust with vacuum cleaner. Basic treatment with one of the well-known WOCA oils.
|Declaration:||Sodium hydroxide, water, white pigments.|
|Colours||White and grey|
|Binder||Sodium hydroxide, water, white pigments.|
|Drying time||8-12 hours.|
|Application tools||WOCA Applicator, a nylon brush or roller
|Cleaning of tools:||WIth water|
|Disposal||Dispose of contents/container to an approved waste disposal plant.|
|Shelf life||3 years.|
|Storage||+10-25°C. Keep out of reach of children. Do not expose to heat (e.g. sunlight). Store frost-free during winter and cool during summer (max. +25°C).|