- Prevents yellowing of wood surface
- Preserves the light colors of the wood
- Requires after-treatment with oil or soap
- Only suitable for softwood
- Contains white pigments
- Certified by IBR
WOCA Softwood Lye DetailsWOCA Softwood Lye is used for lye priming of unfinished or freshly sanded interior woodwork such as floors, stairs, furniture, and panels. The priming prevents the wood from yellowing and enhances the natural grain of the wood, producing a white wash finish. WOCA Softwood Lye may be used for all types of soft wood such as pine, spruce, and pitch-pine. When Softwood Lye is used on larch wood, an antique gray/brownish finish is created. Softwood Lye can not be used on hardwood. The final color will first be achieved after 1-2 months. Results vary.
*Note -Use of Softwood Lye may cause a greenish color initially, which will disappear in the course of time and fade to gray.
InstructionsWear suitable acid proof protective clothing, gloves and eye goggles for protection.
- The unfinished woodwork must be sanded finely (grit 100-120) and it must be completely clean and dry before application of the lye.
- Shake the container. Pour the lye into a plastic bucket and stir regularly to get a uniform result.
- Apply the lye undiluted with the WOCA Applicator in an even coat on the floor lengthwise. Apply at least 1 liter of lye to 110 square feet of wood. On vertically mounted woodwork, apply from bottom to top.
- After a drying time of 8 hours at 68˚F (the wood must be completely dry), de-nib standing fibers with a fine sanding polishing pad (green or maroon) before the final basic treatment. Subsequently, vacuum the floor.
- Finish the floor with Diamond Oi Active or Master Color Oil, or treat with Basic Soap or Natural Soap, White.
- Clean tools in water after use.
|Declaration:||Sodium hydroxide, water, white pigments, <5% non-ionic surfactants.|
|Colors||Contains white pigments|
|Drying time||8-12 hours.|
|Application tools||WOCA Applicator, a nylon brush or roller
|Cleaning of tools:||Clean tools with water.|
|Disposal||Dispose of contents/container to an approved waste disposal plant.|
|Shelf life||3 years.|
|Storage||+50-77 °F. Keep out of reach of children. Do not expose to heat (e.g. sunlight). Store frost-free during winter and cool during summer (max. +77 °F).|