How to Clean and Maintain Oil Finished Floors in a High Traffic, Commercial Setting
Posted by WOCA WOODCARE
WOCA Commercial Flooring Maintenance Schedule
Daily or Weekly Maintenance
Woca Commercial Soap
- Mix 1 cup Commercial Soap with 2 1/2 gallon of warm water. Damp mop for daily cleaning.
- Can be diluted into a spray bottle for convenience. Dilute 2 capfuls of Commercial Soap into a 32 oz spray bottle. Fill the remainder with water. Spritz floor and damp mop.
WOCA Oil Refreshing Soap
Once a month WOCA Oil Refreshing Soap, formerly named Oil Refresher, is used to clean/refresh the floor. WOCA Oil Refreshing Soap is a partner to the WOCA Commercial Soap. WOCA Oil Refreshing Soap combines efficient cleaning with oil rejuvenation, as additional oil penetrates the wood and reinforces the existing oil finish.
- Damp mop using WOCA OIL REFRESHING SOAP (NATURAL or WHITE)
- For site finished oiled floors and oxidative oiled floors: 6 oz/gallon of water.
- For UV-oiled and Hardwax oiled floors: 3 oz/gallon of water.
(every 1-2 years for high traffic, commercial spaces)
WOCA Commercial Oil, WOCA Maintenance Oil Diamond Active, or
WOCA Maintenance Gel
The schedule for this type of cleaning will need to be adjusted based on the look of the floor from lifestyle, traffic, etc. Re-oiling is typically a machine buff application. Contact your local flooring professional.
*If the floor is factory finished, always comply with the manufacturer's care and maintenance instructions.