Unlock the timeless appeal of Scandinavian design with our environmentally friendly Scandinavian Wood Floor System. This system includes our Wood Lye White and Diamond Oil Active, perfect for busy households and commercial spaces that want to create the cozy aesthetic of the Nordics. Get an easy to maintain and durable floor with our Diamond Oil Active!
Best for Pine and White Oak. Results vary.
This Scandinavian Floor System includes:
2.5 liter Wood Lye White
2.5 liter Diamond Oil Active, Extra White or White
2.5 liter WOCA Natural Soap concentrate in White
1 Natural Soap Spray bottle in White
Diamond Oil Active Extra White contains 14% white pigment and White contains 7% white pigment.
We highly recommend first ordering a tester kit as an inexpensive way to sample on your wood to verify the outcome of your project.
Care and maintain your floor's timeless beauty and modern practicality with WOCA Natural Soap. The gentle cleaning and conditioning will maintain the floor's luster for years to come.
The unfinished wood must be sanded, clean and dry before application. Recommended sanding grit range 100-150. On vertically mounted woodwork, apply from top to bottom.
- Make sure wood surface is clean and dry.
- Shake the Wood Lye container well and pour the lye into a plastic bucket and stir regularly during application to get a uniform finish.
- Apply the lye, undiluted, with the WOCA Applicator, going with the grain. Coverage is approximately 250 square feet per 2.5 liter container.
- The lye will not look perfect. The polishing of the oil with the red pad will remove any imperfections during the oiling process.
- Leave the lye to dry at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Stir Diamond Oil Active container well before and during use.
- Technique A, working in a section of about 50-100 sf, with a ¼ nap paint roller or trim pad apply an even coat of oil. Wait 5-10 minutes and then using a 175 RPM floor buffer/polisher start polishing in the oil with a RED buffing pad attached. Or see Technique B
- Technique B, working in a section of about 50-100 sf, pour oil directly on floor (1 cup) and spread it around with floor polisher/buffer with RED pad attached.
- Polish the area with a red pad until wood appears saturated.
- Replace the buffing pad with a clean one and put a terry cloth towel or polishing cloth underneath the pad and buffer and polish off all excess oil. No excess oil should be left on the wood surface
- After 6-8 hours of pre-hardening, the floor should be treated with a second application of oil.
- Still working in sections, a very small amount of oil, approx. 1-2 ounces, is poured on the floor and carefully polished into the wood with a WHITE floor pad. Repeat until done.
- Repeat Step 10. No excess oil should be left on the surface.
- Do not expose floor to water during cure/hardening time, approx. 5 days.
- After 5-7 days, clean with WOCA Natural Soap in White to provide additional protection.
Tip: For fastest drying time, leave windows slightly open to ensure a steady flow of fresh oxygen.
Wood Lye and Diamond Oil Active Coverage Rates
2.5 liter Wood Lye White= 250 sf (you only need 1 coat)
2.5 liter Diamond Oil Active, White or Extra White= 350-450 sf (2 coats)
500 sf- 2 Wood Lye, 2 Diamond Oil Active
1000 sf- 4 Wood Lye, 3 Diamond Oil Active
1500 sf- 6 Wood Lye, 4 Diamond Oil Active
2000 sf- 8 Wood Lye, 5 Diamond Oil Active
2500 sf- 10 Wood Lye, 6 Diamond Oil Active
|> 90 %
|3-5 days at 68° F
|Vegetable oil components
|Turpentine (does not normally need to be diluted).
|Approx. 24 hours at 68° F
|Paint Roller, 4 mm
Paint roller handle, 25mm
|Empty containers and residues to be disposed of according to local regulations.
|1 L + 2.5 L
|+ 50-77° F. Keep out of reach of children. Must not be exposed to heat (e.g. sunlight). Store frost-free.