How to Remove Black Spots from Wood
Oak wood contains a very high amount of tannic acid naturally. Black spots are formed when the wood is exposed to metal and moisture. Like a wet glass or leaky vase. This causes a chemical reaction from the tannic acid and water. The chemical reaction leaves black spots on your wood.
WOCA Tannin Spot Neutralizer removes black spots in just 5 easy steps.
- Spray WOCA Tannin Spot Neutralizer evenly on the stain directly from the bottle. Leave to dissolve for approx. 30-60 minutes.
- Wipe with a damp cloth that has been wrung in lukewarm water.
- The surface must be completely dry.
- Apply the original surface finish, e.g. wood oil, wood soap or wax, to protect of the surface.
- Wipe off all excess oil using a lint-free cotton cloth.