How to Remove Black Spots from Wood
Oak wood contains a very high amount of tannic acid naturally. Black spots are formed when the wood is exposed to metal and moisture. Like a wet glass or leaky vase. This causes a chemical reaction from the tannic acid and water. The chemical reaction leaves black spots on your wood.
Tannin Spot Neutralizer also removes rust stains.
WOCA Tannin Spot Neutralizer removes black spots in just 5 easy steps.
- Spray WOCA Tannin Spot Neutralizer evenly on the stain directly from the bottle. Leave to dissolve for approx. 30-60 minutes.
- Wipe with a damp cloth that has been wrung in lukewarm water.
- The surface must be completely dry.
- Apply the original surface finish, e.g. wood oil, wood soap or wax, to protect of the surface.
- Wipe off all excess oil using a lint-free cotton cloth.