HF Design Montage European Oak Floor - Care and Maintenance
Cleaning Montage European Oak Flooring After Installation
Vacuum and/or Mop
Clean dust and dirt off the floor with a soft brush vacuum cleaner and/or a standard dust mop.
Mop with WOCA Oil Refreshing Soap
After the floor is installed it is required to clean the floor using 1 cup of WOCA Oil Refresher mixed with 5 quarts of water (250 ml to 5 liters of water). Mop the entire floor using a Terry Cloth mop. The mop should be damp, not wet. Excess moisture may damage the floor.
Let it Dry
Leave the floor to dry for 4 to 6 hours before allowing foot traffic and placing rugs.
Regular Cleaning of Montage European Oak Flooring
Use Pre-Mixed WOCA Oil Refresher Spray Bottle. Spray mixture onto the floor and spread evenly with a clean Terry Cloth mop. Leave the floor to dry for 1 to 2 hours before allowing foot traffic and placing rugs.
Please refer to After-Care Matrix below:
|Name||Initial & Routine Cleaning||Touch Up Stain||Touch Up Oil|
|Oil Refreshing Soap White||NA||Master Color Oil Extra White|
|Oil Refreshing Soap White||NA||Master Color Oil White|
|Oil Refreshing Soap Natural||647005HO||Master Color Oil Natural|
|Oil Refreshing Soap Natural||NA||Master Color Oil Natural|
|Marche||Oil Refreshing Soap Natural||647002HO||Master Color Oil Natural|
|Palma||Oil Refreshing Soap Natural||647003HO||Master Color Oil Natural|
|Oil Refreshing Soap Natural||647004HO||Master Color Oil Natural|
|Fiana||Oil Refreshing Soap White||640080HO||Master Color Oil White|
|Rhone||Oil Refreshing Soap Natural||647002HO||Master Color Oil Extra White|
Natural oil finished floors should never need to be re-sanded. However, over time it is necessary to apply more oil to the floor. Traffic patterns or wear areas can be easily eliminated with this step. Typically in a residential application this is anywhere from 2-5 years after initial use of the floor. WOCA Maintenance Oil Diamond Active provides the floor with additional hard wearing properties. Use Maintenance Oil White on White oiled floors and Maintenance Oil Natural on all others. Please follow directions on the label.
After installation in commercial areas (high traffic areas) the new floors should be first mopped with WOCA Wood Cleaner 1:40 ratios to prep the floor. Let the floor dry then polish with a coat of WOCA Master Color Oil in a 1:40 ratio and let floor dry 1-2 hours. Work in 250-300sqft sections. Using a thick white polish pad, pour a capful of WOCA Master Oil into the center of the white pad and begin buffing the floor. Add small amounts of oil directly to the floor as needed. Once you have buffed the WOCA Master Oil into a section, you must remove the WOCA Master Oil from the surface. Remove any excess WOCA Master Oil on the surface using a cotton cloth underneath a clean white pad. Repeat this process with each section. For ongoing cleaning of commercial areas, see the WOCA Commercial Cleaning Guide.
Display and Showroom floors are great ways to show the beauty and character of natural oiled floors. To ensure the floors last a long time and hold up to the constant flow of traffic in a showroom or model home the Manufacturer recommends treating these floors as a commercial application by using WOCA Master Color Oil after installation. The Manufacturer believes this is necessary to maintain the beauty and protect the investment. Please refer to WOCA Commercial Care and Maintenance Guideline and recommend contacting WOCA for detailed step by step process.
Quick Tips & Tricks
- Place Felt Protector on moving furniture
- Place door mat in front of main entrance
- Protect flooring by covering wall to wall during construction with 3” overlap to avoid paint, spills, sheet rock dust, etc.
- Make sure any adhesive is immediately wiped off prior to drying
- Don’t use any tape on the Floor including Blue Tape
- Don’t use Mineral Spirits
- Don’t leave spills, wipe up immediately
- Don’t use Microfiber (use only Cotton or Terry Cloth)
Touching Up Montage European Oak Flooring
- Apply a small amount of the Montage Touch Up Stain on a cloth or sponge and rub it into the area. Make sure to rub oil into the floor until the area is uniform.
- Wipe off the excess Touch-Up Stain with a soft cloth until the repair looks uniform and make sure the stain blends in with the rest of the floor.
- Leave Touch-Up Stain to dry for 1 hour.
- Then apply a small amount of the WOCA Master Color Oil with a cloth and rub it into the area.
- Leave Master Oil to dry over night.
- After 1 week the surface is fully hardened.
- Then continue routine cleaning with WOCA Oil Refreshing Soap as per the recommended Care & Maintenance Instructions