TEKA Hardwood Floors - Care and Maintenance
TEKA Landscape Collection and TEKA Antique Collection
Care and Maintenance Tips
Important: For best result, products with UV Oil or Oxidative Oil finish shall be cleaned and re-oiled after installation
It is only natural that hardwood floors will show signs of wear over time. You can expect years of beauty from your floor by observing a few precautions and maintaining a regular cleaning and maintenance routines.
- Sweep or vacuum regularly to rid the floor of dust and grits that can scratch the finish.
- Maintain UV Oil or Oxidative Oil finished products with WOCA Natural Soap or a maintenance oil coat of WOCA Maintenance Oil Diamond Active. Consult TEKA’s authorized seller or retailer for the recommended maintenance products.
- Remove shoes with spiked or damaged heel before walking on the floor to prevent scratches and dents.
- Keep pets’ claws trimmed, paws clean and free of dirt or soil.
- Always apply felt pads under any furniture or chair legs to prevent scratches and to ease movement. Keep pads clean at all times and regularly check and replace as necessary.
- Protect the floor when moving heavy furniture or large appliances. Place on mat and slide smoothly over floor.
- Use rugs in high wear areas i.e. in heavily traveled spots and pivot points such as room entries and stair landings.
- Never flood or wet-mop the floor with water or any other liquid products. Severe damage may occur that void the warranty.
- Wipe-up spills immediately with damp cloth.
- Exposure to sunlight with its UV ray accelerates oxidation and aging of materials. This may change the color of the floor. Periodically rearrange the furniture will allow the floor to age evenly.