Unlock the cozy aesthetic of the Nordics with our Scandinavian Wood Floor System, Wood Lye White and Master Color Oil! Get the timeless look of Scandinavia with our eco-friendly wood lye and Master Color Oil. It's easy enough for a DIYer, so you can totally hygge out your home!
Best for Pine and White Oak. Results vary.
The Scandinavian Floor System includes:
2.5 liter Wood Lye White
2.5 liter Master Color Oil, Extra White or White
2.5 liter WOCA Natural Soap concentrate in White
1 Natural Soap Spray bottle in White
Master Color Oil Extra White contains 14% white pigment and White contains 7% white pigment.
We highly recommend first ordering a tester kit as an inexpensive way to sample on your wood to verify the outcome of your project.
Care and maintain your floor's timeless beauty and modern practicality with WOCA Natural Soap. The gentle cleaning and conditioning will maintain the floor's luster for years to come.
The unfinished wood must be sanded, clean and dry before application. Recommended sanding grit range 100-150. On vertically mounted woodwork, apply from top to bottom.
- Make sure wood surface is clean and dry.
- Shake the Wood Lye container well and pour the lye into a plastic bucket and stir regularly during application to get a uniform finish.
- Apply the lye, undiluted, with the WOCA Applicator, going with the grain. Coverage is approximately 250 square feet per 2.5 liter container.
- The lye will not look perfect. The polishing of the oil with the red pad will remove any imperfections during the oiling process.
- Leave the lye to dry at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Shake Master Color Oil container well before and during use.
- Technique A, working in a section of about 50-100 sf, with a ¼ nap paint roller or trim pad apply an even coat of oil. Wait 5-10 minutes and then using a 175 RPM floor buffer/polisher start polishing in the oil with a RED buffing pad attached. Or see Technique B
- Technique B, working in a section of about 50-100 sf, pour oil directly on floor (1 cup) and spread it around with floor polisher/buffer with RED pad attached.
- Polish the area with a red pad until wood appears saturated.
- Replace the buffing pad with a clean one and put a terry cloth towel or polishing cloth underneath the pad and buffer and polish off all excess oil. No excess oil should be left on the wood surface
- After 6-8 hours of pre-hardening, the floor should be treated with a second application of oil.
- Still working in sections, a very small amount of oil, approx. 1-2 ounces, is poured on the floor and carefully polished into the wood with a WHITE floor pad. Repeat until done.
- Repeat Step 10. No excess oil should be left on the surface.
- Do not expose floor to water during cure/hardening time, approx. 5 days.
- After 5-7 days, clean with WOCA Natural Soap in White to provide additional protection.
Tip: For fastest drying time, leave windows slightly open to ensure a steady flow of fresh oxygen.
Wood Lye Coverage approx. 250 sf per 2.5 liter. Only 1 coat is necessary.
Master Color Oil White or Extra White Coverage approx. 250 sf per 2.5 liter. This allows for 2 coats of oil, which are necessary.
<250 sf- 1 Wood Lye, 1 Master Color Oil
500 sf- 2 Wood Lye, 2 Master Color Oil
750 sf- 3 Wood Lye, 3 Master Color Oil
1000 sf- 4 Wood Lye, 4 Master Color Oil
1250 sf- 5 Wood Lye, 5 Master Color Oil
1500 sf- 6 Wood Lye, 6 Master Color Oil
1750 sf- 7 Wood Lye, 7 Master Color Oil
For every additional 250 sf, add 1 Wood Lye and 1 Master Color Oil
WOCA Master Color Oil Technical
|Solid content||Approx. 60 %|
|Fully hard||5-7 days at 68°F and 55% humidity|
|Binder||Vegetable oil components|
|Dilution||WOCA Solvent (does not normally need to be diluted).|
|Drying time||12-24 hours at 68°F|
|Application tools||Paint Roller, 4 mm luv,
Paint roller handle, 25mm,
|Disposal||Empty containers and residues to be disposed of according to local regulations.|
|Shelf life||3 years|
|Packaging||1 L - 2.5 L|
|Storage||+ 50-68°F. Keep out of reach of children. Must not be exposed to heat (e.g. sunlight). Store frost-free.|