WOCA Driftwood Lye is a water based product that gives oak a unique weather-beaten patina. A very nice 2-dimensional appearance is created. After using WOCA Driftwood Lye, the wood surface must be treated with one of the WOCA finishing oils. Results vary.
- Gives oak a weather-beaten patina
- Requires subsequent treatment with oil
- Only for oak wood
- Certified by IBR
- Water based
Driftwood Lye: Available in 2 colors - Grey and white.
IMPORTANT: Due to settings and color adjustments within individual computer monitors and hand-held devices, the color on your wood may or may not be achieved as shown in the color swatches
We encourage you to order a tester and apply it to a piece of your wood for verification.
* PLEASE NOTE * Due to the Sodium Hydroxide found in Driftwood Lye the product has been deemed hazardous by the Department of Transportation and requires special documentation and transportation. A $75.00 Hazmat Fee per 1 box (4 containers) is mandated by the Department of Transportation and is required for ground shipping.
WOCA Driftwood LyeWOCA Driftwood Lye is a water based product that give the wood a wood a unique, weather-beaten patina. The product is for use only on oak wood. By using WOCA Driftwood Lye, the wood will develop a very nice, 2-dimensional appearance. After using WOCA Driftwood Lye, the wood surface must be treated with one of the WOCA finishing oils. Results vary.
- Use suitable safety gloves and glasses during application.
- The surface needs light sanding and must be clean and dry. We recommend a full sanding using 100-120 grit sandpaper. Please note that the sanding, as best as possible, must take place immediately before the application of the lye.
- Shake container well. Pour the lye into a plastic paint tray. Make sure there are no pigments left in the container. During the application process, stir the lye periodically.
- Apply the lye undiluted in an even coat using the WOCA Applicator Pad. Apply along the grain of the wood, using at least 1 liter per 107 square foot. When working on vertical surfaces, work from top to bottom.
- Usually, the wood will be dry after 24 hours at 68°F. After complete drying, use a polishing machine with either a green or red pad for de-nibbing. Remove the sanding dust with a vacuum cleaner.
- Complete the treatment by applying one of the WOCA oils.
|Declaration:||Sodium hydroxide, water, white pigments.|
|Colours||White and grey|
|Binder||Sodium hydroxide, water, white pigments.|
|Drying time||8-12 hours.|
|Application tools||WOCA Applicator, a nylon brush or roller
|Cleaning of tools:||WIth water|
|Disposal||Dispose of contents/container to an approved waste disposal plant.|
|Shelf life||3 years.|
|Storage||+10-25°C. Keep out of reach of children. Do not expose to heat (e.g. sunlight). Store frost-free during winter and cool during summer (max. +25°C).|