WOCA Wood Lye is a mild, non-corrosive form of lye and the first step to whitewashing or creating a driftwood appearance on indoor wood. It also minimizes the natural occurrence of wood turning yellow over time.
WOCA Wood Lye is compatible with all wood species and is available in White and Grey. Results vary.
Finish and protect the wood surface with WOCA Master Color Oil or Diamond Oil Active to add additional color, protection and durability.
IMPORTANT: Due to settings and color adjustments within individual computer monitors and hand-held devices, the color on your wood may or may not be achieved as shown in the color swatches
We encourage you to order a tester and apply it to a piece of your wood for verification.
WOCA Wood Lye primes unfinished or newly sanded interior wood work i.e. floor, stairs, furniture and panels. Wood Lye prevents the wood from yellowing and enhances the wood grain, leaving a colored wash effect, depending on the chosen color.
Wood Lye may be used on all types of wood. Results vary.
Wood Lye Instructions
The unfinished woodwork must be sanded, clean and dry before application of lye. On vertically mounted woodwork, apply from top to bottom.
- Cleanse the wood surface with a solution of 1/4 cup of WOCA Intensive Wood Cleaner per gallon of water and allow to dry .
- Shake the Wood Lye container well and pour the lye into a plastic bucket and stir regularly during application to get a uniform finish.
- Apply the lye, undiluted, with the WOCA Applicator, going with the grain. Coverage is approximately 250 square feet per 2.5 liter container.
- Rinse work tools clean with water.
- When woodwork is dry, remove any visible lime pigments from surface with a green pad and then vacuum the floor. Or clean with WOCA Intensive Wood Cleaner.
- Rinse tools with clean water.
A lye pre-treated wood floor may be finished after a drying time of approx. 8 hours at 68° F (the wood must be completely dry) with the WOCA Oil of your choice- Master Color Oil or Diamond Oil Active.
Spread Rate: 85-110 sq.ft./L
For regular cleaning, use WOCA Natural Soap. See our residential maintenance guide, or commercial maintenance guide for schedule and instructions for cleaning and maintaining your floors.
|Declaration:||Water, sodium hydroxide, white pigments. <5% non-ionic surfactants. <1% preservative.|
|Colours||White and grey|
|Drying time||8-12 hours.|
|Application tools||WOCA Applicator, a nylon brush or roller
|Cleaning of tools:||With water|
|Disposal||Dispose of contents/container to an approved waste disposal plant.|
|Shelf life||3 years.|
|Storage||+10-77°F. Keep out of reach of children. Do not expose to heat (e.g. sunlight). Store frost-free during winter and cool during summer (max. +77°F).|