WOCA Master Color Oil provides color and an oil finish in one step. It penetrates and hardens deep inside the wood. As a result, wood floors become stronger and better withstand wear. Master Color Oil contains fine pigments in eleven different colors, which can be mixed to create a custom color.
If you want to achieve the signature Scandinavian wood look, purchase one of our Signature Look bundles:
The unfinished wood must be sanded, clean and dry before application. Recommended sanding grit range 100-150. On vertically mounted woodwork, apply from top to bottom.
- Make sure wood surface is clean and dry.
- Shake the Wood Lye container well and pour the lye into a plastic bucket and stir regularly during application to get a uniform finish.
- Apply the lye, undiluted, with the WOCA Applicator, going with the grain. Coverage is approximately 250 square feet per 2.5 liter container.
- The lye will not look perfect. The polishing of the oil with the red pad will remove any imperfections during the oiling process.
- Leave the lye to dry at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Shake Master Color Oil container well before and during use.
- Technique A, working in a section of about 50-100 sf, with a ¼ nap paint roller or trim pad apply an even coat of oil. Wait 5-10 minutes and then using a 175 RPM floor buffer/polisher start polishing in the oil with a RED buffing pad attached. Or see Technique B
- Technique B, working in a section of about 50-100 sf, pour oil directly on floor (1 cup) and spread it around with floor polisher/buffer with RED pad attached.
- Polish the area with a red pad until wood appears saturated.
- Replace the buffing pad with a clean one and put a terry cloth towel or polishing cloth underneath the pad and buffer and polish off all excess oil. No excess oil should be left on the wood surface
- After 6-8 hours of pre-hardening, the floor should be treated with a second application of oil.
- Still working in sections, a very small amount of oil, approx. 1-2 ounces, is poured on the floor and carefully polished into the wood with a WHITE floor pad. Repeat until done.
- Repeat Step 10. No excess oil should be left on the surface.
- Do not expose floor to water during cure/hardening time, approx. 5 days.
- After 5-7 days, clean with WOCA Natural Soap in White to provide additional protection.
Tip: For fastest drying time, leave windows slightly open to ensure a steady flow of fresh oxygen.
Wood Lye Coverage approx. 250 sf per 2.5 liter. Only 1 coat is necessary.
Master Color Oil White or Extra White Coverage approx. 250 sf per 2.5 liter. This allows for 2 coats of oil, which are necessary.
<250 sf- 1 Wood Lye, 1 Master Color Oil
500 sf- 2 Wood Lye, 2 Master Color Oil
750 sf- 3 Wood Lye, 3 Master Color Oil
1000 sf- 4 Wood Lye, 4 Master Color Oil
1250 sf- 5 Wood Lye, 5 Master Color Oil
1500 sf- 6 Wood Lye, 6 Master Color Oil
1750 sf- 7 Wood Lye, 7 Master Color Oil
For every additional 250 sf, add 1 Wood Lye and 1 Master Color Oil
WOCA Master Color Oil Technical
|Solid content||Approx. 60 %|
|Fully hard||5-7 days at 68°F and 55% humidity|
|Binder||Vegetable oil components|
|Dilution||WOCA Solvent (does not normally need to be diluted).|
|Drying time||12-24 hours at 68°F|
|Application tools||Paint Roller, 4 mm luv,
Paint roller handle, 25mm,
|Disposal||Empty containers and residues to be disposed of according to local regulations.|
|Shelf life||3 years|
|Packaging||1 L - 2.5 L|
|Storage||+ 50-68°F. Keep out of reach of children. Must not be exposed to heat (e.g. sunlight). Store frost-free.|