Spring is just around the corner and, if you’re like us, you’re excited to get outside again to enjoy the fresh air and warmer weather. The perfect place to do both of those, of course, is your patio, where you can sit outside, soak up the sun, and host family and friends. But if the colder weather and winter elements have taken a toll on it, you’re likely scrambling to get it ready or wondering where to start.
That’s why WOCA is sharing simple tips to help you get your patio ready for spring, so you’re prepared to enjoy it when the timing is right.
Start With a Clean Slate
If you’ve already begun your spring cleaning or are planning to start, add your patio to your list! Instead of waiting until you’re ready to use your patio, get ahead by cleaning it now. All it takes is a few simple steps:
- Move all your furniture off your patio.
- Sweep or hose off any dirt and debris.
- Use the WOCA Exterior Deck Cleaner to clean everything from wood decking, outdoor furniture, siding, tile, and more. Our plant-safe cleaner removes dirt, stains, mold, moss, and algae and protects against resettlement.
Prime and Protect
Once you finish cleaning your patio or deck, it’s time to take a few extra steps to get it spring-ready.
- If you have a wooden deck, bring it back to life with WOCA Exterior Oil. It not only gives your patio a beautiful boost of color, but it also strengthens the wood to protect it from outdoor elements and harsh UV rays. Bonus: You can use it on any outdoor wood surface, like furniture, fences, siding, shutters, and much more.
- Once your exterior oil has dried and hardened, move your furniture back onto your patio.
- Keep all surfaces clean and protected throughout the spring and summer with the WOCA Exterior Multi Cleaner Spray and Exterior Multi Protector. Both of these ready-to-use products are perfect for outdoor furniture, window frames, siding, and much more. They also help protect against water, dirt, and grease.
Design and Decorate
Now it’s time to put the finishing touches on your patio to get it ready for spring. There are several different ways to enhance your space to really make it your own, like:
- Quality patio furniture
- Decorative pillows
- Plants, flowers, and trees (our products are plant-friendly!)
- String lights
- Table umbrellas and outdoor shades
- Bug repellant candles and lanterns
- Fun yard games
- And much more!