WOCA Master Color Oil provides color and an oil finish in one step. It penetrates and hardens deep inside the wood. As a result, wood floors become stronger and better withstand wear. Master Color Oil contains fine pigments in nine different colors, which can be mixed to create a custom color.
- No staining is needed with WOCA Color Oil, as the color and finish is done in one step.
- For custom colors Master Color Oils may be mixed freely to create any desired color.
Master Color Oil Application Instructions
- Unfinished flooring or wood should be freshly sanded with grit 100-120. Prep the wood surface with a solution of 1/4 cup Wood Cleaner per gallon water. This step is not optional.
- Shake the container of Color Oil well before and during application. Apply the oil in an even coat with a low nap paint roller onto an area of 100 - 200 sq. ft. Let the floor absorb the oil for 20 minutes. Work the oil into the wood with a red pad either manually or for large areas with a buffer. Polish until the floor appears saturated with oil.
- Remove the excess oil with lint free cloths, or scrape with a squeegee onto next section of floor to be oiled. Then buff the floor with lint free cloths under white polishing pads. The floor should not appear wet and no excess oil should be left on the surface after polishing. Continue in sections until the whole floor has been finished.
- Wait for 6 - 8 hours, or when dry enough to walk on. Buff the floor with a white polishing pad and color oil. If a silk matte surface is required, the finished floor may be buffed with 1 liter of Master Color Oil to 500 - 600 s.f. of floor. The oil must be polished carefully into the floor. No excess oil should be left on the surface. After 6 - 8 hours, cover walking areas with corrugated cardboard for the 72 hours hardening period. Do not expose the floor to water during the hardening time.
Coverage: Approximately 120 sqft per liter (softwoods) 150 sqft per liter (hardwoods)
|Solid content||Approx. 60 %|
|Fully hard||5-7 days at 20°C and 55% humidity|
|Binder||Vegetable oil components|
|Dilution||WOCA Solvent (does not normally need to be diluted).|
|Drying time||12-24 hours at 68°F|
|Application tools||Paint Roller, 4 mm luv, article no. 88004
Paint roller handle, 25mm, article no. 599650
Telescopic rod, article no. 599651
|Disposal||Empty containers and residues to be disposed of according to local regulations.|
|Shelf life||3 years|
|Packaging||1 L - 2.5 L - 5 L|
|Storage||+ 50-68°F. Keep out of reach of children. Must not be exposed to heat (e.g. sunlight). Store frost-free.|