WOCA Diamond Oil Details
WOCA Diamond Oil is used for oil finishing of wooden floors with floor machine. The oil ensures an extremely hard-wearing, dirt and water repellent surface. WOCA Diamond Oil is ideal for basic finishing of any unfinished, new and newly sanded interior woodwork. Content of solvent is less than 1%. Floor machine is recommended for the polishing of bigger areas.
How To Apply WOCA Diamond Oil
- The unfinished flooring or woodwork must be sanded with 100-120 grit and be clean and dry. Minimum room temperature during application should be 59 degrees and a maximum recommended wood moisture content of 12%
- Wash the floor with WOCA Wood Cleaner and let it dry completely (see Wood Cleaner instructions). This is not optional.
- Shake the oil container well before and during use. Containers with different batch numbers should be mixed together before use to prevent potential color differences. Using a paint tray and paint roller, apply an even coat of oil on 50-100 sq.ft. of flooring. For edges and corners use a paint brush.
- Leave the oil to absorb for 5-10 minutes. If dry spots appear, apply more oil.
- Slowly polish the area with a buffer and red pad until the floor appears saturated.
- Polish off all excess oil from the floor using cotton cloths under the pad. Hand wipe all edges and corners. No excess oil should be left on the surface.
- When the entire floor has been finished, polish it well using WOCA Wool Pads under floor machine
- Note: If Patina Discs were used the floor is now finished! If not, proceed with steps 9 and 10.
- After 12 hours, the floor can be treated with a second application of oil. Pour about 1 ounce of Diamond Oil on to the surface and carefully polish it into the floor. Repeat until entire floor is done. Remove any excess oil from the surface.
- After wards polish the floor with WOCA Wool Pads.
- The floor is ready for light wear after 24 hours.
- Do not expose floor or woodwork to water during hardening time, 3-5 days.
- After 5-7 days, clean floor with WOCA Soap or Oil Refresher to provide additional protection against wear.
For fastest drying time, leave windows slightly open to ensure a steady flow of fresh oxygen.
1st. Coat 210 to 270 s.f./liter. 2nd. Coat 600 to 1,000 s.f./liter
Rags, pads or waste soaked with WOCA oil may self-ignite if improperly discarded. Immediately after use, place all rags and waste in a sealed, water filled bucket for proper disposal.
Regular cleaning: Natural Soap
or Oil Refresher
. Re-oil with Maintenance Oil
or Maintenance Paste when required.
Always remember to test on a small area in order to check the surface and the compatibility of the product. WoodCare Denmark accepts no responsibility for unintended use, damage or injury resulting from this product as a result of failure to follow the appropriate instructions.
WOCA Diamond Oil Instructional Video
Diamond Oil Technical Info
||Vegetable oil components, pigments (Extra White). Solid matter content >99%.
||1st Coat 210 to 270 square foot per liter. 2nd Coat 600 to 1,000 square foot per liter
||Either polishing machine or doodlebug for manual finishing. Paint roller and cotton cloths.
|Cleaning of tools:
||Dispose of this material and its container to local disposal facility for chemical waste.
||1 liter and 2.5 liter
WOCA Diamond Oil Downloads