Diamond Oil Active Application Instructions
How to oil with WOCA Diamond Oil Active
The wood must be freshly-sanded to grit 120-150 for the final sanding. Product, room and floor temperature must be between 59°-86° F. Ensure good ventilation when applying the oil and when it is drying.
- Prep the wood surface with WOCA Intensive Wood Cleaner. This is not optional. Leave the floor to dry for at least 8 hours before applying the oil.
- Thoroughly shake the container of Diamond Oil Active, both before and during use. Containers with different batch numbers should be mixed to avoid color mismatch. Apply the oil using the Applicator Pad or a paint roller (1/4" nap) in an even coat.
- Leave the oil to penetrate for 10-15 min. If the oil soaks quickly into the wood, apply more oil.
- Polish the oil into the wood until the floor appears saturated. Use a buffing machine with a white or beige pad.
- Remove excess oil with dry, lint-free cotton cloths or pads until the surface no longer appears wet. For a second coat, apply 3 ounces of Diamond Oil Active per 110 square foot within 6-12 hours of the first coat. The oil should be polished thoroughly, as described in steps 4 and 5 above.
- The floor can be used with caution after 24 hours. Full cure is 3-5 days in ideal conditions.
- Clean tools with Turpentine.