WOCA Wood Lye is a mild, non-corrosive form of lye and the first step to whitewash or create a driftwood appearance on indoor wood. It also minimizes the natural occurrence of the wood turning yellow over time.
WOCA Wood Lye is compatible with all wood species and is available in White and Grey. Results vary.
IMPORTANT: Due to settings and color adjustments within individual computer monitors and hand-held devices, the color on your wood may or may not be achieved as shown in the color swatches
We encourage you to order a tester and apply it to a piece of your wood for verification.
WOCA Wood Lye Details
WOCA Wood Lye is for priming unfinished or freshly sanded interior woodwork. The Wood Lye minimizes the yellowing of wood and enhances the natural wood grain with white pigment (Wood Lye White) or grey pigment (Wood Lye Grey). Wood Lye may be used on all types of wood- flooring, walls, furniture, cabinets, shelving, tables, etc...
WOCA Wood Lye creates a colored wash effect, depending on the chosen color, white or grey. Results vary.
The unfinished woodwork must be sanded, clean and dry before application of lye. On vertically mounted woodwork, apply from top to bottom.
- Cleanse the wood surface with a solution of 1/4 cup of WOCA Intensive Wood Cleaner per gallon of water and allow to dry .
- Shake the Wood Lye container well and pour the lye into a plastic bucket and stir regularly during application to get a uniform finish.
- Apply the lye, undiluted, with the WOCA Applicator, going with the grain. Coverage is approximately 250 square feet per 2.5 liter container.
- Rinse work tools clean with water.
- When woodwork is dry, remove any visible lime pigments from surface with a green pad and then vacuum the floor. Or clean with WOCA Intensive Wood Cleaner.
- Rinse tools with clean water.
A lye pre-treated wood floor may be finished after a drying time of approx. 8 hours at 68° F (the wood must be completely dry) with the WOCA Oil of your choice- Master Color Oil or Diamond Oil Active.
Coverage: Approximately 250 square feet per 2.5 liter container
|Declaration:||Water, sodium hydroxide, white pigments. <5% non-ionic surfactants. <1% preservative.|
|Colours||White and grey|
|Drying time||8-12 hours.|
|Application tools||WOCA Applicator, a nylon brush or roller
|Cleaning of tools:||With water|
|Disposal||Dispose of contents/container to an approved waste disposal plant.|
|Shelf life||3 years.|
|Storage||+10-77°F. Keep out of reach of children. Do not expose to heat (e.g. sunlight). Store frost-free during winter and cool during summer (max. +77°F).|