Softwood Lye Instructions
WOCA Softwood Lye InstructionsWear suitable acid proof protective clothing, gloves and eye goggles for protection.
- The unfinished woodwork must be sanded finely (grit 100-120) and it must be completely clean and dry before application of the lye.
- Shake the container. Pour the lye into a plastic bucket and stir regularly to get a uniform result.
- Apply the lye undiluted with the WOCA Applicator in an even coat on the floor lengthwise. Apply at least 1 liter of lye to 110 square feet of wood. On vertically mounted woodwork, apply from bottom to top.
- After a drying time of 8 hours at 68˚F (the wood must be completely dry), de-nib standing fibers with a fine sanding polishing pad (green or maroon) before the final basic treatment. Subsequently, vacuum the floor.
- Finish the floor with Diamond Oi Active or Master Color Oil, or treat with Basic Soap or Natural Soap, White.
- Clean tools in water after use.