Exterior Pad Holder Instructions
How to Apply WOCA Exterior Oil using Oil Applicator
- Clean new wooden surfaces as well as old surfaces with WOCA Exterior Cleaner before starting the oil treatment.
- Then leave the wood to dry for at least 24 hours so that the humidity is not above 17%. Sand down any rough wood fibers with sandpaper, grit 120.
- Make the application in dry weather only, min. temp. 55.4°F. Avoid direct sunlight and high temperatures.
- Stir the oil thoroughly before use.
- Apply an even and thin coat of oil with oil applicator. Treat the end grain wood first. The wet oil may have a white shade. When the water has evaporated after a few minutes, the wood will appear oiled.
- Wipe off any excess oil with clean cotton cloths after no more than 5 minutes. Take particular care of removing excess oil from joints and grooves.
- If the surface does not appear saturated with oil, repeat steps 5 and 6
- When the wood is dry, it may be polished with a polishing pad or polishing machine to ensure an extra hard-wearing surface.
- It takes 24 to 48 hours for the oil to harden thoroughly, depending on weather conditions and outdoor temperature. The wood must not be exposed to water during this period.
Attention (for furniture): Please note that WOCA Exterior Oil in the black, anthracite and walnut color are recommended to be finished with a coat of Exterior Oil Natural to avoid excess color coming off.
Maintaining and cleaning
Repeat the oil treatment when required. Start cleaning the surface with WOCA Exterior Cleaner. Then follow the steps under basic treatment.