Tester Kit Wood Lye + Diamond Oil Active Instructions
The unfinished wood must be sanded, clean and dry before application. Recommended sanding grit range 100-150.
- Make sure wood surface is clean and dry.
- Shake the Wood Lye tester well.
- Pour the Wood Lye onto the wood and spread the lye with a cloth, paint brush or a piece of red 3M pad. Try to achieve an even application of the lye into the wood.
- The lye will not look perfect. The polishing of the oil with the red pad will remove any imperfections during the oiling process.
- Leave the lye to dry at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Massage the Diamond Oil Active packet well before use.
- Pour half of the oil packet directly on the lye wood surface and spread it around with the RED polishing piece.
- Wet buff with the Red pad to force oil into the wood, buff/polish it well. Wipe off the surface oil with a cotton cloth cloth. When finished, there should be no oil on top of the sample and you should have a silky look. Leave the sample to dry for 5 – 6 hours.
- Repeat the oil application as in #7 & #8 above with the White pad . You will use less oil than during the first application.
Tip: For fastest drying time, leave windows slightly open to ensure a steady flow of fresh oxygen.
Warning! Rags, pads or waste soaked with WOCA oil may self-ignite if improperly discarded. Immediately after use, place all rags and waste in a sealed, water filled bucket for proper disposal.