Exterior Furniture Kit Instructions
- Soak the wood with plenty of water. Use a hose if possible.
- Spray Exterior Deep Cleaner in an even layer and let it absorb into the wood surface for 3-5 minutes.
- Use a hard or nylon brush, scrubbing the wood "wet-on-wet" to remove dirt.
- Hose down with plenty of water.
- Leave the wood to dry for at least 24 hours. The moisture content of the wood should not be above 17%.
- Sand down any rough wood fibers with 120 grit sandpaper.
- Apply WOCA Exterior Oil in dry weather only. Temperature should not be below 55.4°F. Avoid direct sunlight and high temperatures.
- Stir the oil thoroughly before use.
- Apply an even and thin coat of oil using an oil applicator , brush or paint roller. Treat the end grain wood first. The wet oil may have a white shade. When the water has evaporated after a few minutes, the wood will appear oiled.
- Wipe off any excess oil with clean cotton cloths after no more than 5 minutes. Take particular care of removing excess oil from joints and grooves.
- If the surface does not appear saturated with oil, repeat steps 9 and 10.
- It takes 48 hours for the oil to harden thoroughly, depending on weather conditions and outdoor temperature. Do not expose wood to water during this period.
Application is forgiving, no lap marks, no streaking- simply roll or paint on, leave to soak in for 5 minutes and wipe off any excess oil sitting on the surface.