WOCA Worktop Oil Details
WOCA Worktop Oil is designed for untreated or previously oiled/sanded wood surfaces. The oil makes the surface highly water and dirt repellent. Use Worktop Oil, Natural, on both dark and light wood species – such as mahogany, merbau, teak, cherry, ash, oak, beech, maple, birch, pine etc. – to give the wood a mellow, golden color. Use Worktop Oil, White, to lighten up the wood or give it a whitewashed effect. Ensure good ventilation at all times during the application and drying time.
WOCA Worktop Oil Application
- Pre-sand the wood surface with 180 grit paper.
- Clean the wood with WOCA Wood Cleaner in solution 1:40 (3 oz. per gallon of lukewarm water). After cleaning, let the wood dry completely.
- Stir the oil thoroughly before use.
- Use a paintbrush to apply a suitable amount of oil in an even, adequate coat.
- Wait approx. 20-30 minutes at 68ºF (room temperature) as the oil penetrates into the wood.
- For best results, cut a buffing pad and Patina Disc to fit an orbital hand sander (pad/Disc can also be used to hand polish). Polish the wet oil into the wood until the surface feels smooth and uniform. Keep adding oil and keep polishing until entire surface feels smooth and uniform.
- Next, wipe off all excess oil using a lint-free cotton cloth. Do not leave any excess oil on the surface.
- Polish the wood using a white polishing pad or wool pad (by hand or with orbital sander).
- On highly absorbent surfaces, a second oil treatment may be necessary.
- The oil is thoroughly hardened after 24 hours at 68ºF. Do not let the tabletop become wet during the hardening process.
WOCA Worktop Oil Maintenance
- Use WOCA Soap Spray daily or weekly to keep surface clean. Simply spray and wipe.
- Re-oiling with WOCA Worktop Oil is done as needed. Clean the surface with Wood Cleaner and let dry completely.
- Follow application steps 3 to 8.
Tip:To reuse Patina Disc, clean with mineral spirits and rinse in water.
Warning! Rags, pads or waste soaked with WOCA oil may self-ignite if improperly discarded. Immediately after use, place all rags and waste in a sealed, water filled bucket for proper disposal.
WOCA Worktop Oil How-to Video
WOCA Worktop Oil Technical Info
|Colors:||Natural and white.|
|Application Tools:||Brush, roller or lint-free cotton cloths. Possibly oil-wetted -sanding paper 320-400 grit and white polishing pad.|
|Cleaning of Tools:||Clean tools with Solvent.|
|Disposal:||Empty containers and residues to be disposed of according to local regulations.|
|Available Sizes:||0.75 liter|
|Dimensions||3.5 x 3.5 x 4.5 in|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.