WOCA Softwood Lye Tester Details
WOCA Softwood Lye Testers are used to test WOCA Softwood Lye on your project. This helps you to select the desired color for your woodwork. WOCA Softwood Lye is used for lye priming of unfinished or freshly sanded interior woodwork. The priming prevents the wood from yellowing and enhances the natural grain of the wood producing a white wash finish. Softwood Lye may be used for all types of soft wood such as pine, spruce, and pitch-pine. When used on larch wood, an antique grey/brownish finish is created. Softwood Lye can not be used on hardwood. The final color will first be achieved after 1-2 months.
*Note – When using Softwood Lye on spruce, the wood may assume a greenish color. This will disappear in the course of time.
Wear suitable acid proof protective clothing, gloves and eye goggles for protection.
- The unfinished woodwork must be sanded finely (grit 100-120) and it must be completely clean and dry before application of the lye.
- Shake the container. Pour the lye into a plastic bucket and stir regularly to get a uniform result.
- Apply the lye undiluted with the WOCA Applicator, a nylon brush or roller in an even coat on the floor lengthwise. Apply at least 1 liter of lye to 107 square foot of wood. On vertically mounted woodwork, apply from bottom to top.
- After a drying time of 8 hours at 68˚F (the wood must be completely dry), de-nib standing fibers with a fine sanding polishing pad before the final basic treatment. Subsequently, vacuum the floor.
- Finish the floor with one of the well-known WOCA oils or treat with Basic Soap or Natural Soap, White.
- Clean tools in water after use.
||Sodium hydroxide, water, white pigments.
||86-107 square foot per liter
||Acid-proof brush, plastic bucket and stick for stirring.
|Cleaning of tools:
||Clean tools with water and soap.
||3.5 oz Tester & 2.5 liter