WOCA Hardwax Oil is used for oil finishing of wooden floors. Can be applied manually or by using a polishing machine. The oil ensures an extremely hard-wearing and light film-building surface. WOCA Hardwax Oil is ideal for basic finishing of any unfinished, new and newly sanded interior woodwork. It can also be used as a topcoat on WOCA Color Oils. Using a polishing machine is recommended for bigger areas.
How to apply WOCA Hardwax Oil
The unfinished woodwork should be freshly sanded with grit 100-120. The floor must be completely dry and free from dirt and grease before the oil application. Recommended wood-moisture max. 12%. Product, room and floor temperature should be between 59˚F-86˚F (15°C-30°C ). Ensure good ventilation at all times during the application and drying time.
- Clean floor with WOCA Wood Cleaner mixed with water 1:40 if necessary. Leave floor to dry fully before oil application.
- Stir and mix oil container well before and during use. If you have containers with different batch numbers, they should be mixed before use to avoid color differences.
- Apply the oil in a thin layer with a short-haired roller or similar in an even coat. Leave the oil to be absorbed for 20 minutes.
- Polish the area with white or beige polishing pad under doodle-bug or with polishing machine. Continue until the excess oil is polished in, and the area appears saturated.
- Leave the floor to dry for 8-10 hours.
- If necessary a second coat can be applied. Follow step 3-5.
- Clean tools with WOCA Solvent.
- The floor can be used with care the next day. The surface is fully hardened after 3 days at normal indoor conditions. Do not clean the floor until fully hardened.
- After the hardening time, the floor should be cleaned with Natural Soap or Oil Refresher, which leaves a protecting layer on the surface.
Regular cleaning: Natural Soap or Oil Refresher. Re-oil with WOCA Hardwax Oil or Maintenance Paste when required.
Hardwax Oil Technical Information
|Hardwax Oil Properties
||86-129 sqft per liter
||Natural and extra white.
|Application tools: :
||A polishing machine with beige or white polishing pad. Paint roller and cotton cloths.
|Cleaning of tools:
||Dispose of this material and its container to local disposal facility for chemical waste.