WOCA Driftwood Lye Product Details
WOCA Driftwood Lye is a water based product that give the wood a wood a unique weather-beaten patina. The product is for use on oak wood. By using WOCA Driftwood Lye, the wood will get a very nice 2-dimensional appearance. After using WOCA Driftwood Lye the wood surface must be treated with one of the WOCA finishing oils.
How To Apply WOCA Driftwood Lye
- Use suitable safety gloves and glasses during application.
- The surface needs light sanding and must be clean and dry. We recommend a full sanding using 100-120 grit sandpaper. Please note that the sanding, as far as possible, must take place immediately before the application of the lye.
- Shake container well. Pour the lye into a plastic paint tray. Make sure there are no pigments left in the container. During the application process, stir the lye periodically.
- Apply the lye undiluted in an even coat using a lye-resistant brush or paint roller. Apply along the grain of the wood, using at least 1 liter per 107 square foot. When working on vertical surfaces, work from top to bottom.
- Usually, the wood will be dry after 24 hours at 68°F. After complete drying, use a polishing machine with either a beige/8 mm green or red pad for de-nibbing. Remove the sanding dust with vacuum cleaner.
- Complete the treatment by applying one of the WOCA oils.
How-to-Apply WOCA Driftwood Lye Video
WOCA Driftwood Lye Technical Info
||Sodium hydroxide, water, white pigments.
||86-107 square foot per liter
||White and grey
||Lye-resistant brush or paint roller.
|Cleaning of tools:
||Clean tools with water and soap.
||Dispose of contents/container to an approved waste disposal plant.
||2,5 liter & 3.5 oz testers
WOCA Driftwood Lye Downloads