WOCA Driftwood Lye Tester Details
WOCA Driftwood Lye is a unique product, which gives the wood a weather-beaten patina. The product is for use on oak wood. Driftwood Lye creates a very nice 2-dimensional design. Finally, the surface must be treated with one of the WOCA oils. The product is water-based.
How To Apply WOCA Driftwood Lye
- Wear suitable safety gloves and glasses during application.
- The surface needs light sanding and must be clean and dry. We recommend a full sanding with 100-120 grit sandpaper. Please note that the sanding should take place immediately before the application of the lye.
- Shake container well. Pour the lye in a plastic paint tray. Make sure there are no pigments left in the container. During application, the lye must be stirred.
- Apply the lye in an even coat and undiluted with a lye-resistant brush or paint roller along the grain of the wood, at least 1 liter for 107 square foot. For vertical surfaces, apply from top to bottom.
- As a rule, the wood is dry after 24 hours at 68°F. After complete drying, use a polishing machine with either a beige/8 mm green or red pad for de-nibbing. Subsequently, remove the sanding dust with vacuum cleaner. Basic treatment with one of the well-known WOCA oils.
WOCA Driftwood Lye Application Video
||Sodium hydroxide, water, white pigments.
||86-107 square foot per liter
||White and grey
||Lye-resistant brush or paint roller.
|Cleaning of tools:
||Clean tools with water and soap.
||Dispose of contents/container to an approved waste disposal plant.
||3.5 ounce Tester and 2.5 liter