WOCA Driftwood Lye Tester Details
WOCA Driftwood Lye is a unique product, which gives the wood a weather-beaten patina. The product is primarily for oak wood. By using this product, the wood will get a very nice 2-dimensional design. Finally, the surface must be treated with one of the WOCA oils. The product is water-based.
How To Apply WOCA Driftwood Lye
- For application use suitable safety gloves and glasses.
- The surface needs light sanding and must be clean and dry. We recommend a foregoing full sanding with grit 100-120. Please note that the sanding, as far as possible, must take place immediately before the application of the lye.
- Shake container well and hereafter fill the lye in a plastic paint tray. Make sure there are no pigments left in the container. During the process, the lye must be stirred.
- Apply the lye in an even coat and undiluted with a lye-resistant brush or paint roller along the grain of the wood, at least 1 liter for 10 m2. Vertical flats to be handled from top to bottom.
- As a rule, the wood is dry after 24 hours at 68°C. After complete drying, use a polishing machine with either a beige/8 mm green or bordeaux pad for denibbing. Subsequently, remove the sanding dust with vacuum cleaner. Basic treatment with one of the well-known WOCA oils.
WOCA Driftwood Lye Application Video
||Sodium hydroxide, water, white pigments.
||White and grey
||Lye-resistant brush or paint roller.
|Cleaning of tools:
||Clean tools with water and soap.
||Dispose of contents/container to an approved waste disposal plant.
||2,5 liter = 2.64172 liquid quart