WOCA Antique Lye Tester Product Details
WOCA Antique Lye Tester is an affordable way to sample WOCA Antique Lye on your wood surface. Antique Lye has been specially developed to produce an ammonia smoked appearance to oak wood. This product is user-friendly but corrosive and should be handled with caution during application. Since the product reacts with the tannic acid in the oak, the color after application may vary depending on the concentration of tannin in the wood. However, it creates a very unique color and Vintage appearance. The final color will first be achieved after 1-2 months.
How To Apply WOCA Antique Lye
Wear suitable acid proof protective clothing, gloves and eye goggles for protection.
- Wear suitable acid proof protective clothing, gloves and eye goggles for protection. The unfinished woodwork must be sanded finely (grit 100-120), clean, dry before application of the lye.
- Shake the container. Pour the lye into a plastic bucket and stir regularly in order to get a uniform result.
- Apply an even coat of the lye with the WOCA Applicator, a nylon brush or roller lengthwise along the grain. Apply at least 34 fl oz of lye to 129 sq ft of wood. On vertically mounted woodwork, apply from bottom to top.
- Leave lye primed wood to dry for approx. 2-4 hours at 68°F (the wood must be completely dry).
- Clean the floor with 4.2 fl oz Wood Cleaner mixed into 1.3 gallon water. Leave to dry for 24 hours at 68°F.
- De-nib standing fibers with a fine sanding polishing pad before the final basic treatment. Subsequently vacuum clean the floor.
- Finish the wood surface with one of the well-known WOCA oils.
- Clean tools in water after use.
How to use WOCA Antique Lye Video
WOCA Antique Lye Technical Info
||Sodium hydroxide, water, white pigments.
||8-10 m2/l./ 86-129 sq ft/34 fl oz
||Acid-proof brush, plastic bucket and stick for stirring.
|Cleaning of tools:
||Clean tools with water and soap.
||2.5 liter / 84.5 fl oz