Worktop Oil - for Oak, Maple, and Walnut kitchen worktops, wood counter tops, and butcher block.
WOCA Worktop Oil is designed for untreated or previously oiled surfaces. Worktop Oil is especially suited for countertops, tabletops and similar wood surfaces and is safe for food contact. The oil makes the surface highly water and dirt repellent. Available in Natural and White.
WOCA Worktop Oil is for freshly sanded or previously oiled wood surfaces. The oil makes the surface highly water and dirt repellent.
Use Worktop Oil, Natural, on both dark and light wood species – such as mahogany, merbau, teak, walnut, cherry, ash, oak, beech, maple, birch, oak, pine etc. – to enhance the natural color of the wood.
Use Worktop Oil, White, to lighten up the wood or give it a whitewashed effect. Ensure good ventilation at all times during the application and drying time.
Worktop Oil Instructions
- Sand the wood surface with 180 grit paper.
- Prep the wood surface with WOCA Intensive Wood Cleaner Spray. This is not optional. After applying, let the wood dry completely.
- Stir the oil thoroughly before use.
- Use a paintbrush to apply oil in an even coat.
- Wait approx. 20-30 minutes at a minimum 68ºF (room temperature) as the oil penetrates into the wood.
- For best results, cut a white or red buffing pad and Patina Disc to fit an orbital hand sander (pad/Disc can also be used to hand polish). Polish the wet oil into the wood until the surface feels smooth and uniform. Keep adding oil and keep polishing until entire surface feels smooth and uniform.
- Next, wipe off all excess oil using a lint-free cotton cloth. Do not leave any excess oil on the surface.
- Polish the wood using a white polishing pad or patina disc (by hand or with orbital sander).
- On highly absorbent wood surfaces, a second oil treatment may be necessary.
- The oil is thoroughly hardened after 24 hours at 68ºF. Do not let the treated surface become wet during the hardening process.
- Use WOCA Natural Soap Spray daily or weekly to keep surface clean. Simply spray and wipe.
- Re-oiling with WOCA Worktop Oil is done as needed. Clean the surface with WOCA Intensive Wood Cleaner Spray and let dry completely.
- Follow application steps 3 to 8.
Tip: To reuse Patina Disc, clean with mineral spirits and rinse in water.
Warning! Rags, pads or waste soaked with WOCA oil may self-ignite if improperly discarded. Immediately after use, place all rags and waste in a sealed, water-filled bucket for proper disposal.
For more information on oiling a wood countertop, check out the WOCA blog!
|Solid content||Approx. 70 %|
|Density||Approx. 0.9 g/ml|
|Fully hard||1 week|
|Viscosity||Approx. 35 sec.|
|Colors||Natural and White|
|Binder||Vegetable oil components|
|Drying time||After cleaning with Intensive Wood Cleaner: 8 hours at 68 °F.|
|Cleaning of tools:||With Solvent|
|Disposal||Empty containers and residues to be disposed of according to local regulations.|
|Shelf life||3 years|
|Storage||+ 68-86°F. Keep out of reach of children. Must not be exposed to heat (e.g. sunlight). Store frost-free.|
130-160 square feet per can