WOCA Master Color Oil provides color and an oil finish in one step. It penetrates and hardens deep inside the wood. As a result, wood floors become stronger and better withstand wear. Master Color Oil contains fine pigments in eleven different colors, which can be mixed to create a custom color.
WOCA Master Color Oil provides a hard wearing oil finish and color in one application. Suitable for oak, ash, spruce, larch, pine and teak, as well as cork. Master Color Oil may be used on both unfinished or freshly sanded interior woodwork.
Master Color Oil Application Instructions
It is recommended to use a floor buffer for the oil application. Recommended wood moisture maximum - 12%. The oiling should be done at a minimum temperature of 60º F.
- Unfinished flooring or wood should be freshly sanded with grit 100-120. Prep the wood surface with a solution of 1/4 cup Wood Cleaner per gallon of water. This step is not optional.
- Shake the container of Color Oil well before and during application. Apply the oil in an even coat with the WOCA Applicator or a low nap paint roller onto an area of 100 - 200 sq. ft.
- Let the floor absorb the oil for 20 minutes. Work the oil into the wood with a red pad, either manually, or for large areas with a buffer. Polish until the floor appears saturated with oil.
- Remove the excess oil with lint free cloths, or scrape with a squeegee onto the next section of floor to be oiled.
- Buff the floor with lint free cloths under white polishing pads. The floor should not appear wet, and no excess oil should be left on the surface after polishing. Continue in sections until the whole floor has been finished.
- Wait for 6 - 8 hours, or when dry enough to walk on. Buff the floor with a white polishing pad and color oil.
- If a silk matte surface is desired, the finished floor may be buffed with 1 liter of Master Color Oil per 500 - 600 s.f. of floor. The oil must be polished carefully into the floor. No excess oil should be left on the surface.
- After 6 - 8 hours, cover walking areas with corrugated cardboard for the 72 hours hardening period. Do not expose the floor to water during the hardening time.
- Pine & other softwoods: 1st coat - 110 s.f/ltr., 2nd coat - 400 s.f./ltr.
- Walnut & other soft hardwoods: 1st coat - 125 s.f/ltr., 2nd coat - 450 s.f./ltr.
- Oak & other hardwoods: 1st coat - 150 s.f/ltr., 2nd coat -500 s.f./ltr.
- Brazilian Cherry: 1st coat - 180 s.f/ltr., 2nd coat - 700 s.f./ltr.
For regular cleaning of floors finished with WOCA Master Color Oil, use WOCA Natural Soap. See our residential maintenance guide, or commercial maintenance guide for a detailed schedule and instructions for cleaning and maintaining your floors.
WOCA Master Color Oil Technical
|Solid content||Approx. 60 %|
|Fully hard||5-7 days at 68°F and 55% humidity|
|Binder||Vegetable oil components|
|Dilution||WOCA Solvent (does not normally need to be diluted).|
|Drying time||12-24 hours at 68°F|
|Application tools||Paint Roller, 4 mm luv,
Paint roller handle, 25mm,
|Disposal||Empty containers and residues to be disposed of according to local regulations.|
|Shelf life||3 years|
|Packaging||1 L - 2.5 L - 5 L|
|Storage||+ 50-68°F. Keep out of reach of children. Must not be exposed to heat (e.g. sunlight). Store frost-free.|